Le Beaujolais Nouveau
“Le Beaujolais Nouveau est arrivé!”
Every year, just after midnight on the third Thursday of November, the race begins to be the first to experience this year’s vintage of Beaujolais Nouveau. Since the 19th century, Beaujolais Nouveau has been speedily made to celebrate the end of the harvest. Prior to WWII Beaujolais Nouveau was enjoyed locally, but since then it has become an increasingly international phenomenon. Millions of bottles of wine that just weeks before were still grapes on the vine make their way around the world by motorcycle, helicopter, elephant, rickshaw, Concorde jet and even hot air balloon.
Just south of Lyon, the picturesque Beaujolais region, where all grapes must be picked by hand, is home to almost 4000 grape growers with over 50,000 acres of vines planted. Beaujolais Nouveau is crafted from Gamay grapes through a whole berry fermentation process called carbonic fermentation, which results in a fresh, fruity wine that is meant to be drunk young and slightly chilled.
Join us at Vincent’s as we celebrate the 2010 Beaujolais Nouveau harvest November 18 – 20 with a special 4 course menu plus a glass of Georges Duboeuf Beaujolais Nouveau for $45.
please select one item per course
- Terrine de Canard
Mousse de Canard
- served with toast points pickled onions, cornichons and country mustard
- Escargots Bourguignonne
- snails cooked in a parsley, shallot, and garlic butter sauce
- Frog Legs Provençale
- frog legs sautéed with garlic and parsley
- Georges Duboeuf Beaujolais Nouveau
- Salade Lyonnaise
- frisée and baby wild arugula tossed in a warm truffle oil vinaigrette with pancetta
and seasoned croutons, topped with a farm-fresh poached egg
- Lobster Bisque
- topped with a poached prawn
- Steak au Poivre
- black angus prime 10 oz. bone-in NY steak, coated with peppercorn and cooked to your preferred temperature, finished with a peppercorn cognac-cream sauce, served with potato gratin and seasonal vegetables
- Petrale Sole a la Meunière
- Petrale sole pan prepared with brown butter, lemon, parsley capers and white wine,
served with vegetable tian and roasted fingerling potatoes
- Prepared in the style of Toulouse…duck confit, pork, and Toulouse sausages in a
seasoned stew of northern white beans, topped with seasoned bread crumbs and baked
- Fondant au Chocolat
- a chocolate lovers ecstasy, warm chocolate lava cake with a rich creamy center, served with vanilla ice cream
- Vincent’s favorite childhood cake, from the town of Pithiviers in France’s Loire region,
frangipane enclosed in puff pastry, served warm over crème anglaise
- Dessert du Jour
Seating is limited.
Please call the restaurant for reservations.