Decked with flowers and trinkets the fattened calf is traditionally paraded through the streets of French towns as the celebrants feast and cheer on Mardi Gras. The deprivation of Lent will begin the next day, on Ash Wednesday.
This gay festivity still takes place in many French villages! Here, in Escondido, Vincent has the cow in the
kitchen being prepared in his inimitable succulent ways! And, oh, the other delicacies he has for us as well.
Oh, yes, we are celebrating Fat Tuesday. On Tuesday, we’ll offer a special Mardi Gras Trois et Trios menu from 5pm – 6pm (available also for Trois et Trois on Wednesday and Thursday). In addition and available all evening, guests may choose to indulge and order our “fattened-up” five course Mardi Gras menu. As always, our regular menu will be available all evening. Please join us on Fat Tuesday, March 8th; we assure you delicacies galore! Bon appétit!
house selection of bites
please select one item per course
- Oysters Rockefeller
- Totten Inlett Washington oysters topped with a savory creamed spinach and mozzarella cheese, flamed-broiled
- Escargots Bourguignonne
- snails cooked in a parsley, shallot, and garlic butter sauce
- Steak Tartar with Sun-Dried Tomato Rouille
- Vincent’s steak tartar served over a bed of arugula and radicchio, topped with a sun-dried tomato rouille and capers, garnished with sieved eggs and served with toasted points
- Frog Legs Provençale
- frog legs sautéed with garlic and parsley
- Smoked Trout with Salad Russe and Lemon-Dill Crème Fraîche
- smoked trout topped with a lemon-dill crème fraîche, served with a small salad of
Yukon gold potatoes, green beans, cucumber, dill, capers and aioli
- Crackling Salad with Spicy Glazed Pecans
- bibb, frisée chicory and arugula tossed with a herb vinaigrette with pecans and cracklings
- Crayfish Bisque
- topped with a warm puff-pastry biscuit
- Spicy Blackened Catfish with Seasoned Red Beans and Rice
- catfish coated lightly with Cajun seasonings and blackened, served over collard greens
prepared with smoked bacon and red onions, served with seasoned red beans and rice
- Blackened Petite Filet with Roquefort Sauce
- filet mignon coated lightly with Cajun seasonings, blackened and cooked to preferred temperature,
finished with a Roquefort cream sauce, served with potato gratin and a medley of seasonal vegetables
- Pintade over a Creamy Winter Succotash
- pintade seasoned with herbs and roasted, served over a winter vegetable succotash
- Spicy Shrimp with Andouille Sausage on Creamy Grits
- with braised greens
- Gallette des Rois
"Cake of Kings"
- frangipane enclosed in puff pastry, served warm over crème anglaise
- Crêpes Banana Foster
- bananas sautéed in brown sugar and rum, wrapped in sweet crêpes
topped with vanilla ice-cream
- Bread Pudding with Bourbon Ice Cream
- Pets de Nonne
- sinfully delicious…
What are Pets de Nonne?
- Dessert du Jour
Seating is limited.
Please call the restaurant for reservations.