Le Beaujolais Nouveau 2012
“Le Beaujolais Nouveau est arrivé!”
Every year, just after midnight on the third Thursday of November, the race begins to be the first to experience this year’s vintage of Beaujolais Nouveau. Since the 19th century, Beaujolais Nouveau has been speedily made to celebrate the end of the harvest. Prior to WWII Beaujolais Nouveau was enjoyed locally, but since then it has become an increasingly international phenomenon. Millions of bottles of wine that just weeks before were still grapes on the vine make their way around the world by motorcycle, helicopter, elephant, rickshaw, Concorde jet and even hot air balloon.
Just south of Lyon, the picturesque Beaujolais region, where all grapes must be picked by hand, is home to almost 4000 grape growers with over 50,000 acres of vines planted. Beaujolais Nouveau is crafted from Gamay grapes through a whole berry fermentation process called carbonic fermentation, which results in a fresh, fruity wine that is meant to be drunk young and slightly chilled.
Join us at Vincent’s as we celebrate the 2012 Beaujolais Nouveau harvest November 15 – 17 with a special 5 course menu for $45.
- Medley of Herb-Marinated Olives
- Oysters Rockefeller
- Totten Inlett Washington oysters topped with a savory creamed spinach
and mozzarella cheese, flamed-broiled
- Frog Legs Provençale
- frog legs sautéed with garlic and parsley
- Steak Tartar
- served with toast points and a petit watercress salad
- Endive wrapped with French Country Ham,
topped with Béchamel and Baked
- French Onion Soup Gratinée
- a hearty soup topped with a seasoned crouton, Swiss, Provolone
Parmesan cheeses, baked to perfection
- prepared in the style of Toulouse…duck confit, pork, and Toulouse sausages in a
seasoned stew of northern white beans, topped with seasoned bread crumbs and baked
- Beef Wellington
- tournedo topped with foie gras, duxelles and baked in puff pastry, finished with a
port wine sauce and shaved truffles, served with a medley of seasonal vegetables
- Salmon à la Nage
- Scottish salmon and mussels poach in a tarragon and white wine-cream sauce
spring peas and asparagus, served over house-made fettuccini
- Cherry Clafouti
- topped with vanilla ice cream
- Chocolate Marquis
- served with fresh berry coulis
- Dessert du Jour
Seating is limited.
Please call the restaurant for reservations.