Bastille Day 2013
La Fete National is a French national holiday, celebrating the storming of the Bastille on July 14, 1789. Here, as in other English speaking countries, it is known as Bastille Day. The most important holiday in France, it marks the first major victory of the French Revolution, the overthrow by the common people of the greatest symbol of the oppressive monarchy—the Bastille prison.
This week at Vincent’s we’re celebrating Bastille Day
with a special 4-course, French menu for $45.
In addition to our special menu,
one always has the option of ordering from our regular menu.
- Country Pâté
- duck, veal and pork prepared with Cognac, green peppercorns and seasonings, baked in a terrine
and served cold plated a petite salad of frisée and mixed baby greens tossed in a truffle oil vinaigrette,
pickled mushrooms, cornichons, country mustard and toast points
- Frog Legs Provençale
- frog legs sautéed with garlic and parsley
- Escargots Bourguignonne
- snails cooked in a parsley, shallot and garlic butter sauce
- Baby Field Greens and Hearts of Palm Salad
- tossed with a Dijon vinaigrette, and topped with a goat cheese-herb crouton
- Cucumber Vichyssoise
- prepared with fresh cucumber, potatoes, leeks and herbs, served cold
finished with a drizzled of basil oil and topped with seasoned croutons
- Provençale fish stew prepared with salmon, shrimp, scallops, calamari and mussels,
served with a garlic crouton topped with rouille
- Duck Duo
Roasted Duck Breast
Confit de Canard Grumel
- pan-roasted Maple Leaf Farms duck breast, duck legs simmered with fresh herbs and garlic, finished with a cognac-peppercorn sauce, served with potato gratin and a medley of seasonal vegetables
- Côtes de Porc Charcutière
- Karabuta pork chop pan-roasted and finished with charcutière sauce prepared with veal stock, herbs,
Dijon and diced cornichon, served with pommes vapeur and Haricots Vert
- Vincent’s favorite childhood cake, from the town of Pithiviers in France’s Loire region,
frangipane enclosed in puff pastry, served warm over crème anglaise
- layers of baked meringue, vanilla ice cream and berry sorbet
- Dessert du Jour
Seating is limited.
Please call the restaurant for reservations.